Level: Stage 1
Pre requisite A: ‘B’ grade or higher in Year 10 Mathematics
Pre requisite B: ‘C’ grade or higher in Mathematical Methods A
Additional Cost: None
Who Is This Course For?
This course leads into Stage 2 Mathematical Methods and Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics.
Specialist Mathematics is designed to be studied in conjunction with Mathematical Methods.
Students who complete this course with a C grade or better gain the compulsory 10 point Numeracy component of the SACE.
What Will I Learn?
You will study topics that support your:
- Capacity to problem solve and apply your mathematical knowledge
- Ability on how to approach new challenges by investigation, modelling and reasoning
- Communication skills to describe the relationships observed in situations requiring mathematical reasoning
- Functions and Graphs
- Trigonometric Functions
How will I be assessed?
You will demonstrate evidence of your learning assessed as Stage 1 through four assessments:
- At least two Skills and Applications Tasks (SAT)
- At least one mathematical investigation